Covid-19 community spread

Covid-19: Maldives reports 31 new cases, 81 recoveries

  • The country’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 10,045
  • 8,754 people have recovered from the virus
  • There are 1,250 active cases

K. Male' 2020 Sep 26 | Sat 22:41 local 3,059

Samples collected for Covid-19 testing at IGMH laboratory - Yoosuf Sofwan Rasheed

Maldives reported 31 new cases of the Covid-19 pandemic on Saturday, making this the lowest rise in daily cases in weeks.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) revealed that 26 cases were reported in the greater Malé region, whereas five of the cases were detected in residential islands.

The new cases include 25 Maldivians and six foreigners.

With this development, the country’s Covid-19 tally has risen to 10,045.

Further, the 81 additional recoveries reported by 6pm Saturday has pushed the total number of patients who have seen full recoveries from the virus to 8,754.

Maldives currently has 1,250 active cases of the virus, 50 less than the previous day.

771 patients are seeking treatment at isolation facilities and 84 patients are hospitalized for treatment, this is two less than Friday.

The past week saw the lowest number of daily cases, at 396 in comparison to previous weeks. 62 percent of the Covid-19 tally are Maldivians, at 6,327 and the remaining 38 percent is foreign cases.

HPA also revealed that there are active cases in 20 residential islands and 24 resorts with the inclusion of 12 tourists and 30 resort workers. There are a total of 37 active Covid-19 cases in residential islands, including 33 Maldivians and four foreigners.

Islands under monitoring currently include Hoandedhdhoo island of Gaaf Dhaal atoll and Kulhudhuffushi City and Nolhivaram island in Haa Dhaal atoll.

Eight patients are receiving treatment at the Villingili Covid Facility, including the cases that were discovered in Maamendhoo island early Saturday.

Last updated at: 3 weeks ago | Reviewed by: Abdulla Naseer Ibrahim

Comment on Article

To share a news drop us an email to [email protected] or contact us at 3007773