The government of Maldives has refused entry to a total of 106 individuals following screening procedures, up to date.
Spokesperson for the government's Covid-19 taskforce, Mohamed Mabrook Aziz made the announcement while speaking at Friday night's press briefing at the National Emergency Operation Center.
A total of 240,823 individuals have been screened at several entry points into the country thus far, said Mabrook, adding that a total of 106 individuals were refused entry into the Maldives and deported.
Further, he stated that a total of 97 Maldivians have returned to the Maldives from different countries, thus far.
The government has collected 565 samples so far, out of which 550 samples have tested negative.
As of the 19th, 1230 individuals had visited the Flu Clinic stationed at Senahiya and 298 individuals had visited the Travel Clinic with a total of 113 individuals visiting the Expat Clinic established in Hulhumalé.
Speaking further at the press conference, Mabrook revealed that samples taken from two Maldivian students residing in Russia have tested negative whereas the test results of the third Maldivian has yet to come back.
Additionally, Bodufulhadhoo island in Alif Alif atoll is still under monitoring status as contact tracing is ongoing, said Mabrook, adding that Equator Safari is similarly under monitoring status although samples taken from suspected cases have tested negative.
While the country had a total of 13 confirmed cases of infection thus far, the Maldives recorded the country's first two Covid-10 recoveries on Friday.