Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
local61kg drug bust

High Court retracts release order for suspected drug-network leader

9 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2021 | އަންގާރަ 10:49

Ahmed Visam was arrested with 10 others in possession of 61kgs of illicit substances in March 2020

އައިޝަތު ހަނާން ހުސެން ރަޝީދު
Aishath Hanaan Hussain Rasheed | 9 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2021 | އަންގާރަ 10:49
Iluarimas dhoni where the suspects are caught in possession of 61kgs of illicit substances

Iluarimas dhoni where the suspects are caught in possession of 61kgs of illicit substances

The High Court has granted the Prosecutor General’s (PG) Office their appeal to retract the release order issued for suspected drug-network leader Ahmed Visam, who was arrested with 10 others in possession of 61kgs of illicit substances in March last year.

Public Prosecutor Ahmed Shafeeu said earlier in January that the PG Office would appeal the release of Ahmed Visam, who had been arrested along with 10 others from a sea vessel "Irualimas" in March last year in possession of 61kgs of illicit substances, to the High Court. The Criminal Court had reached a verdict to release Ahmed Visam from custody on 24 January 2021.

Prosecutor Shafeeu said that they had forwarded charges of trafficking dimorphine against Ahmed Visam to the criminal court, and that the 10 others arrested with him from aboard the vessel were also being presented with the same charges. In addition to this, Shafeeu noted that the others arrested with Ahmed Visam in relation to the 61kgs of illicit substances remained in custody until the end of trials.

Visam, who intelligence reports had identified as the leader of the drug trafficking network, had been released prior to the conclusion of his trial. His release order has since repealed by the High Court following appeal from the Prosecutor General's Office.

Ahmed Visam and 10 associates were arrested in 26 March 2020 in a joint operation conducted by Police Intelligence, the Drug Enforcement Department and Marine Police. They were arrested from aboard the "Irualimas" vessel in posession of 61kgs of illicit drugs. The PG Office first pressed charges against Ahmed Visam and his 10 associates in May last year.

Popular

1

Reporting USD Rate Above or Below MVR 15.42 Prohibited; Black Market Reports Face MVR 500,000 Fine

2

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

3

Cabinet decides to restrict accessibility of SIM cards for expatriates working in Maldives

4

State appeals release of suspect accused of smuggling drugs into Maafushi Prison via drone!

5

Charting a reckless course into middle eastern war zones

More from Raajje.mv

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Scholars head to court over niqab issue

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Scholars head to court over niqab issue
02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb

02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday
31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President

31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

High Court rejects MDP case against EC

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
High Court rejects MDP case against EC
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday
29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Adhaalath calls for Nazim’s release

29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Adhaalath calls for Nazim’s release
29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim

29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim
06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000

06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on  finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް