Himmafushi island in Kaafu island has been placed on monitoring.
Measures were placed on the island on May 15 following the confirmation of Covid-19 cases from the Drug Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre.
There are currently five islands under monitoring including capital Malé City. The others are; Narudhoo island in Shaviyani atoll, Thakandhoo island in Haa Alif atoll, Manadhoo island in Noonu atoll as well as Himmafushi.
While a community transmission was detected in the capital on April 15, over a thousand new Covid-19 cases have been confirmed in the country since.
Cases discovered from islands;
- Narudhoo: 11 cases (on monitoring since April 25)
- Manadhoo: 10 cases (on monitoring since May 1)
- Thulusdhoo: five cases (monitoring measures lifted on May 14)
- Thakandhoo: three cases (on monitoring since May 1)
- Himmafushi: three cases (on monitoring since May 15)
- Milandhoo: one case (monitoring measures lifted on May 14)
- Uligan: one case (monitoring measures lifted in early May)