The Cricket Board has confirmed that the Maldives under-19 cricket team in Sri Lanka are safe.
After the series of bomb attacks in the neighboring country on Sunday, Cricket Board President Mohamed Aflaah told RaajjeMV that the team received report of the attacks early in the morning and are safe.
Aflaah said that the team had been busy playing in matches in the last two days and that they had planned to shop and tour in Colombo on Sunday before receiving the news of the terror attacks.
He said that the team is now in the hotel and that the Sri Lankan police have arrived to provide security. He also said that the Maldivian embassy has also contacted them and they are discussing the current plans for the team.
The Maldives under-19 cricket team travelled to Sri Lanka to prepare for the ACC U19 Western Region Cricket Tournament. After completing their practice sessions, the team will head straight to the UAE on Wednesday for the tournament.