Bank of Maldives (BML) has announced the 10 winning proposals for the second phase of its Community Fund for the year.
The announcement was made on Sunday.
The winning projects are:
- Literacy Program for Kids at Fiyavathi, in Hulhumale' by The Reading Room
- Educational Programs for Women in H.A. Thakandhoo, A.A. Ukulhas and V. Fulidhoo by the Association of Lady Entrepreneurs
- Establishing a Sound System in B. Thulhaadhoo by Thulhaadhoo Sports Club
- Outdoor Beach Shower Area in H.Dh. Nolhivaranfaru by Nolhivaranfaru Youth Development
- Community Programs in H.A. Dhidhdhoo by Feena Academy
- Outdoor Reading Park in Sh. Maroshi School by Naadhil Mutahideen
- Outdoor Reading Park in R. Angolhitheemu School by Cousin Unity Towards Empowerment
- Vincere Football Training Program in Th. Guraidhoo by Vincere Sports and Recreation
- Installation of Smart School Systems in L. Gan by Maldives Community Empowerment Network
- Outdoor Reading Park in H.A. Ihavandhoo School by Ihavandhoo Masveringe Gulhun
The Community Fund is a program to empower NGOs to contribute to their communities through sustainable projects. As such, the Bank has so far provided financial assistance for 100 projects across the country through this Fund.