Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localFormer President Abdulla Yameen

Case filed against state's attorney, claiming "contempt of court"

28 ޖުލައި 2019 | އާދީއްތަ 10:36

The case is to have been submitted last week

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 28 ޖުލައި 2019 | އާދީއްތަ 10:36
Prosecutor Aishath Mohamed

Prosecutor Aishath Mohamed

Former President Abdulla Yameen’s team has filed a case against Aishath Mohamed -state prosecutor in his money-laundering case- at the Supreme Court, accusing her of “contempt of court.”

While money laundering charges were raised against the former president in February this year, the Criminal Court had ordered for him to be held in state custody until the end of his trial on February 18, over fear of witness tampering. However, the High Court overruled the lower court’s decision during the appeal process on March 28, after a sudden change to the presiding bench in the case.

The state has appealed High Court’s decision at the Supreme Court.

RaajjeMV understands that the case filed against the attorney is over the said matter, with Yameen’s team alleging that there was no proof of this.

Further claiming that the state's attorney had lied over the matter, the team noted that “this is contempt of court.”

The last hearing in the case was held on July 21, and was broadcast live. Attorney Aishath had represented the state at the hearing.

While his team accused the lawyer of lying in court, President Yameen himself was caught fibbing at the hearing.

As such, the former president claimed that his Maldives Islamic Bank (MIB) account had three to four million prior to the transfer of the MVR one million by SoF -the private company implicated in the Maldives Marketing and Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC) embezzlement.

However, a report publicized by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) revealed that Yameen’s dollar account in the Maldives Islamic Bank (MIB) was opened six days prior to the transfer of the USD one million, on 7th October 2015. The report also stated that the only other money deposited to the account was the USD 250 used to open the said account.

Popular

1

Reporting USD Rate Above or Below MVR 15.42 Prohibited; Black Market Reports Face MVR 500,000 Fine

2

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

3

Cabinet decides to restrict accessibility of SIM cards for expatriates working in Maldives

4

Black market USD rates surge past MVR 22.85!

5

Charting a reckless course into middle eastern war zones

More from Raajje.mv

02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb

02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

High Court rejects MDP case against EC

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
High Court rejects MDP case against EC
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday
24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

State delays MDP case against EC

24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
State delays MDP case against EC
23 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Work Is Underway To Complete Procedural Formalities Of Ex-President Nasheed’s Case Over President Yameen’s Detention: PG

23 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Work Is Underway To Complete Procedural Formalities Of Ex-President Nasheed’s Case Over President Yameen’s Detention: PG
11 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Decision to pursue new charges against Nasheed is politically motivated: MDP

11 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Decision to pursue new charges against Nasheed is politically motivated: MDP
10 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Hearing for Wisam's case cancelled, rescheduled to January 18

10 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Hearing for Wisam's case cancelled, rescheduled to January 18
09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Hearing for Wisam's case cancelled, rescheduled to January 18

09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Hearing for Wisam's case cancelled, rescheduled  to January 18
07 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Maumoon maintains “firm commitment against supporting the govt.”

07 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Maumoon maintains “firm commitment against supporting the govt.”
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް