Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localFenaka Corporation

Tweet on JSC, Supreme Court power fight sent "by mistake," says Fenaka

15 ޖޫން 2019 | ހޮނިހިރު 04:08

JSC and Supreme Court have been in a power fight, following the commission's decision to suspend Justice Didi

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 15 ޖޫން 2019 | ހޮނިހިރު 04:08
Fenaka Corporation\'s managing director, Mohamed Saeed

Fenaka Corporation\'s managing director, Mohamed Saeed

Fenaka Corporation has said that a tweet, regarding the ongoing power fight between the Judicial Service Commission (JSC) and the Supreme Court, was sent out “by mistake.”

In a statement released on Friday, the state utilities company said that the tweet sent out via its official Twitter account has nothing to do with its work.

Noting that the matter has been looked into, Fenaka said that “measures have been taken” against the employee found responsible.

It apologized to the public for the blunder, and emphasized that the company does not “support nor condone” this.

The tweet in question was in reply to a breaking news post by RaajjeMV (Dhivehi), regarding JSC’s decision to uphold a decision to suspend a Supreme Court justice despite the top court issuing a stay order in the case.

The company faced immense backlash following the tweet, with the social media users calling on it “to fulfill [its] responsibilities” instead.

JSC, at a meeting on Wednesday, voted to suspend Justice Abdulla Didi due to a complaint against him.

The complaint, filed by current Speaker and former President Mohamed Nasheed, claims that Didi had been given USD one million to sentence him to prison in 2015.

The day after the JSC vote, Didi filed a case at the Supreme Court, seeking to nullify the decision. The court issued a stay order in the case, directed to all relevant institutions.

JSC held an emergency meeting on Thursday night, and decided to go ahead with its initial decision, saying that the court order obstructed the Commission’s work- as per stated in the Constitution.

While Didi has denied the bribery allegation, RaajjeMV understands that the money had been transferred to his wife’s account.

Popular

1

Reporting USD Rate Above or Below MVR 15.42 Prohibited; Black Market Reports Face MVR 500,000 Fine

2

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

3

Cabinet decides to restrict accessibility of SIM cards for expatriates working in Maldives

4

Black market USD rates surge past MVR 22.85!

5

No serious injuries reported in high-speed Lamborghini crash on highway: Police

More from Raajje.mv

07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to hear Sheikh Imran's appeal case on Wednesday

07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to hear Sheikh Imran's appeal case on Wednesday
06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Scholars head to court over niqab issue

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Scholars head to court over niqab issue
02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb

02 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to reach a verdict in Fiyaz's case by the end of Feb
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday
31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President

31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

High Court rejects MDP case against EC

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
High Court rejects MDP case against EC
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday
29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim

29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim
06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000

06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on  finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް