22 individuals have received the National Award of Recognition, alongside 10 recipients of the National Award of Honor during this year’s National Awards ceremony, held in Dharubaaruge on Thursday night.
This year’s National Day reception saw recipients of the National Award of Honor presented with commemorative shields and badges and recipients of the National Award of Recognition presented commemorative plaques by President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.
Established to determine the recipients for the prestigious award, the National Awards Committee selects recipients each year.
National Award of Honor recipients:
- Mohamed Shahid Haleem – for his outstanding contributions in the field of Dhivehi Language and Literature.
- Hassan Shakir Mohamed – for his outstanding contributions in the field of Dhivehi Language and Literature.
- Abdulla – for his perseverance to sustain the traditional and cultural practice, especially in Toddy Tapping.
- Dr. Ahmed Anwar – for his outstanding service and expert contribution to the development and growth of the Education Sector.
- Ahmed Nashid – for his pioneering initiatives and outstanding service in development and expansion of private Health Care sector.
- Mohamed Zahir – for his outstanding service to protecting the environment and raising public awareness.
- Zareena Ahmed Didi – for her longstanding social service, especially in the field of health.
- Ahmed Ali Maniku – for his outstanding contribution and diligent efforts to build and foster the local Scouts Movement.
- Mohamed Salih – for his outstanding service in the development, expansion and diversification of trade and economy.
- Abidha Ismail Ali – for her longstanding service in Arts and Crafts.
National Award of Recognition recipients:
- Qari Mohamed Waheed – for his remarkable efforts to promote Quranic studies and recitation.
- Sheikh Ilyas Hussain – for his excellent and continued efforts to promote religious awareness.
- Dr. Ali Zahir – for his excellent and continued efforts to promote religious awareness.
- Ibrahim Mamdhooh – for promoting and showcasing traditional Maldivian music and dance.
- Ali Naseer – for his innovative and successful methods of teaching.
- Maldives Autism Association – for the exceptional service in the field of special needs education and promoting public awareness.
- Aishath Zaeema – for her contribution in strengthening special needs education and awareness raising.
- Mariyam Shunana – for her contribution to promoting legal literacy and pro-bono legal service.
- Ibrahim Shahid – for his excellent and continued efforts in promoting tourism.
- Mariyam Noordeen – for her remarkable efforts to build and foster local capacities and skills in tourism and hospitality industry.
- Abdulla Ali – for his commitment and dedication to volunteerism.
- Ali Yoosuf – for his humanitarian service as a dedicated blood donor.
- Muni Enterprises Private Limited – for developing and expanding commerce and industry.
- Adheel Ismail – for introducing and promoting new enterprises.
- Joodhy Khalid – for her remarkable and continued efforts to promote arts and craftsmanship especially in culinary skills.
- Fahd Faiz – for his excellent efforts to promote recreational diving.
- Aishath Ibrahim – for her remarkable efforts to build local skills in hair care and beauty service.
- Mohamed Hamdhoon – for his remarkable efforts to promote responsible journalism and reporting.
- Sergeant Major Ismail Madhi – for his dedicated service as a professional shooting instructor.
- Mohamed Jaushan Shareef – for his exceptional service as a sports lawyer
- D Tune Band – for their unwavering efforts to promote and showcase music and singing.
- Hassan Farhan Mohamed – for his remarkable efforts to empowering and promoting youth leadership through volunteerism.
President Solih congratulated the National Awards’ recipients this year.
Conferred annually, the National Awards recognize and encourage the efforts of individuals and organizations that contribute to national development and societal benefit.