27 recipients have been conferred the newly launched Maldives Tourism Awards.
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih launched the Maldives Tourism Awards at the official ceremony held to mark the first National Tourism Day of Maldives, at Dharubaaruge on Sunday evening.
The president conferred awards to six recipients:
- One & Only Reethirah Resort won the Best Resort Award
- Saba Summer Suite won the Best Guesthouse Award
- Gurahali Safari Boat won the Best Safari Vessel Award
- Intour Maldives won the Best Travel Agency Award
- Ocean Group Private Limited won the Best Water Sport Center Award
- Rasdhoo Divers Kuramathi won the Best Dive Center Award.
The event was attended by First Lady Fazna Ahmed, Vice President Faisal Naseem, senior government officials, tourism industry pioneers and leaders of the sector
VP Naseem also conferred awards to recipients:
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island won the Promoting Local DJ Award
- Hard Rock Hotel Maldives won the Promoting Local Musician Award
- Vilamendhoo Island Resort and Spa won the Promoting Local Performers Award
- Reethi Beach Resort won the Promoting Local Performers Award
- Standard Huravalhi Maldives won the Utilization of Local Product Award
- JOALI Muravandhoo won the Best Staff Accommodation Award
- Kurumba Maldives won the Best Staff Dining Award
- One & Only Reethirah Resort won the Employee Health Care and Excellence in Staff Recreation Award
- JOALI Maldives won the Highest Number of Female Employees Award
- Bandos Maldives won the Award for Employing the Most Local Employees
- Saii Lagoon Crossroads won the Safest Work Place Award
- Constance Halaveli Resort won the Career Development Award
- Summer Suite won the Best Staff Dining Experience, Employee Health Care and Excellence Staff Recreation Awards
- Island Luxury Fulhadhoo won the Highest Maldivian Employers Award
- Ithaa Dhigurah won the Safest Work Place Award
- Maldives Explorer won the Best Staff Dining Experience Award
- Gurahali Safari Boat won the Safest Work Place Award.
October 3 was earlier declared as National Tourism Day, by President Solih, commemorating the opening of the first resort, Kurumba Village in 1972.