Bank of Maldives has announced the recipients of BML Sports Scholarship introduced as part of the series of 12 high impact monthly community initiatives to celebrate the Bank’s 40th anniversary.
The Scholarship was announced to support athletes achieve their sporting potential through targeted programs and provide fully funded scholarships for top national athletes to train and develop at recognized high performance training centers worldwide.
A special ceremony was held at the Male’ Table Tennis Hall to announce the winners.
President of Maldives Olympic Committee, Mohamed Abdul Sattar, BML CEO and Managing Director, Karl Stumke, officials from the Maldives Olympic Committee and representatives from the national sporting associations attended the ceremony.
The recipients of BML Sports Scholarships are;
- Mariyam Ru-ya Ali, Athletics from Kingston, Jamaica
- Mohamed Minhal Shamin, Athletics from Kingston, Jamaica
- Mohamed Salim Abdul Samad, Badminton from Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Shuba Mohamed Shareef, Badminton from Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Fathimath Jumana Nimal, Table Tennis from Zagreb, Croatia
- Moosa Munsif Ahmed, Table Tennis from Zagreb, Croatia
- Layan Mohamed Shamin, Tennis from Barcelona, Spain
BML stated that the Scholarships were open to all registered national sports associations and the athletes were selected by Maldives Olympic Committee.