Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
local
Foreign investors

Maldives considers "second home" programme for foreign investors

Minister Fayyaz revealed this at a meeting by the committee on national security and foreign relations

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany, Raajje.mv | 20 ޖުލައި 2020 | ހޯމަ 16:13
The \"second home\" programme is to be carried out in Dhahparu island in Haa Alif atoll

The \"second home\" programme is to be carried out in Dhahparu island in Haa Alif atoll

The government is considering a “second home” programme targeting foreign investors.

Minister of Economic Development, Fayyaz Ismail revealed this after being summoned to the parliament’s committee on national security and foreign relations on Monday.

Speaking there, the minister said that the government is considering a pilot programme for foreign investors, noting that it will be carried out in uninhabited islands.

He added that work is underway to establish a “residency act” to facilitate this.

The minister noted that foreigners will be granted residency visas after investing in villas and apartments developed in the uninhabited islands. Noting that he proposes an MVR 300,000 investment for the visas to be granted, Fayyaz said that this is yet to be finalized.

He said that all this will be finalized, when the act is drafted.

While a lawmaker noted public concern over the matter given the possible increase in investors from India, China and Europe due to the country's location, the economic minister said that said that increase in investors from a certain country is not a concern. He said that the aim is to develop the country.

Fayyaz also emphasized that the second home programme has been conducted successfully, in various other nations.

The second home programme is to be launched in Dhahparu island in Haa Alif atoll. While the tourism ministry previously announced plans to develop the island to a resort, reports indicate plans to reclaim about 60 hectares of land for the project.

Comments

Related Articles

Maldives borrowed MVR 4.79 billion in 2016, says President

Maldives borrowed MVR 4.79 billion in 2016, says President

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Respect, profile of Maldives on international platform rose: Pres. Yameen

Respect, profile of Maldives on international platform rose: Pres. Yameen

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
MDP to boycott Presidential Address for second year running!

MDP to boycott Presidential Address for second year running!

05 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Will return to Maldives even if it means going to jail: President Nasheed

Will return to Maldives even if it means going to jail: President Nasheed

03 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Nasheed meets with German Amb, raises concern over Maldives' decision

Nasheed meets with German Amb, raises concern over Maldives' decision

31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

On This Day

February 15
MPS seeks public help to locate suspect who robbed people fraudulently
20251 Year Ago
local

MPS seeks public help to locate suspect who robbed people fraudulently

Husnu Al Suood appointed as a JSC member
20242 Years Ago
local

Husnu Al Suood appointed as a JSC member

Gov’t announces loan scheme for 720 students
20233 Years Ago
local

Gov’t announces loan scheme for 720 students

India donates medical equipment to Senahiya
20224 Years Ago
local

India donates medical equipment to Senahiya

Search for missing tourist continues
20215 Years Ago
local

Search for missing tourist continues

Ex-MP Ahmed Moosa decides to run as independent
20197 Years Ago
local

Ex-MP Ahmed Moosa decides to run as independent

Protests erupt in various parts of Maldives
20188 Years Ago
local

Protests erupt in various parts of Maldives

ރާއްޖެކުޅިވަރުދުނިޔެވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުރިޕޯޓުފޮޓޯވާހަކަސިއްހަތުތަފާތު ޚަބަރުލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލު