A protest against rape and sexual violence, was held on Sunday as well.
The protest started near Hotel Jen in the Henveiru ward of the capital, at 1:30pm.
There have been a series of protests against all forms of sexual abuse and sexual violence in the capital recently, organized by a group of women.
According to them, the demands are;
- To ensure the safety of women in the country,
- To bring perpetrators to justice,
- Reform the systems that are supposed to protect women from violence and abuse,
- To fire all public officials and political appointees in the government who are perpetrators,
- To ensure rule of law and to arrest offenders whether they are royal, or not,
- To ensure independence of media in reporting of sexual offenses,
- To make workplaces safe for women and to make sexual harassment committees independent,
- To believe survivors and to stop the revictimization of survivors within the system, and
- To fund safety of all
According to participants, police confiscated the signs used during the protest, after the protesters attempted to display them on the road.
Besides this, officers had allowed the protesters to voice their concerns and list out the demands.