Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localCovid-19 vulnerable persons

113 "Covid-19 vulnerable" migrants being moved to Gulhifalhu quarantine facility

2 މެއި 2020 | ހޮނިހިރު 20:30

82 workers who had tested positive for Covid-19 moved to a Hulhumalé isolation facility

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 2 މެއި 2020 | ހޮނިހިރު 20:30
Quarantine facility being developed in Hulhumalé

Quarantine facility being developed in Hulhumalé

113 “Covid-19 vulnerable” migrant workers are being moved to the Gulhifalhu quarantine facility, while 82 of those that have tested positive are to be moved to the Hulhumalé 'expatriate isolation facility'.

This was revealed at the daily Covid-19 press conference on Saturday night, with spokesperson Mohamed Mabrook Aziz saying that they will be moved “tonight”.

While a number of expatriate workers have tested positive for coronavirus in the Maldives, a decongesting programme to relocate those living in congested spaces is being carried out as part of the work to contain the spread of Covid-19. They are to be moved to accommodation blocks established in Gulhifalhu and Hulhumalé.

As such, the Gulhifalhu facility is being developed to accommodate 674 people while the Hulhumalé facility will accommodate 2,700 people. The latter is being developed with the help of the economic ministry.

Mabrook at Saturday’s press conference said that they expect these to be completed “within two weeks”.

He further revealed that a quarantine facility for vulnerable migrants is also being developed at Hulhumalé, by the home ministry.

Authorities had previously revealed that 23 vulnerable houses identified through a community survey are being monitored, adding that there are over a thousand people living in these places. 95 people have tested positive for Covid-19 in one such location, as well as 74 from another vulnerable house.

The decongestion programme was launched in April, to re-locate about 1,500 expatriate workers. These workers have always been at a high risk of being infected and in turn spreading the virus, give the small, unhygienic and congested living quarters provided for them. Both local and international human rights group have previously expressed concern over the ‘inhuman treatment’ of migrant workers in the Maldives.

On Saturday, the director general of public health had issued an order for vulnerable migrants to be moved to quarantine facilities.

Popular

1

Reporting USD Rate Above or Below MVR 15.42 Prohibited; Black Market Reports Face MVR 500,000 Fine

2

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

3

Cabinet decides to restrict accessibility of SIM cards for expatriates working in Maldives

4

State appeals release of suspect accused of smuggling drugs into Maafushi Prison via drone!

5

Maldives Premier Bank launches digital platforms

More from Raajje.mv

22 ޖޫން 2017

Jabir enters London after being detained at Gatwick airport for over 15 hours

22 ޖޫން 2017
Jabir enters London after being detained at Gatwick airport for over 15 hours
21 ޖޫން 2017

Public more concerned about President Yameen being a flight risk: MP Mahloof

21 ޖޫން 2017
Public more concerned about President Yameen being a flight risk: MP Mahloof
12 ޖޫން 2017

Azim being questioned over comments made on live TV, says lawyer

12 ޖޫން 2017
Azim being questioned over comments made on live TV, says lawyer
30 މެއި 2017

Malé prisoners on hunger strike after being served spoilt food

30 މެއި 2017
Malé prisoners on hunger strike after being served spoilt food
26 އެޕްރީލު 2017

Religion being used to justify violence is a shame: Deputy Mayor Shifa

26 އެޕްރީލު 2017
Religion being used to justify violence is a shame: Deputy Mayor Shifa
23 އެޕްރީލު 2017

Concerned Maldivians are being deprived of the basic right to life: HRCM

23 އެޕްރީލު 2017
Concerned Maldivians are being deprived of the basic right to life: HRCM
19 އެޕްރީލު 2017

State employees are increasingly being threatened: MP Nazim

19 އެޕްރީލު 2017
State employees are increasingly being threatened: MP Nazim
02 އެޕްރީލު 2017

Working to ensure the safety of the Maldivian girls being kept in India: Ministry

02 އެޕްރީލު 2017
Working to ensure the safety of the Maldivian girls being kept in India: Ministry
22 މާރިޗު 2017

11 patients being treated at ICU: IGMH

22 މާރިޗު 2017
11 patients being treated at ICU: IGMH
21 މާރިޗު 2017

Nine flu patients currently being treated at ICU: IGMH

21 މާރިޗު 2017
Nine flu patients currently being treated at ICU: IGMH
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް