Police have made three arrests, over the attack on three foreigners earlier this week.
Police, via a press release, said that the suspects were arrested under a court order in relation to the attack that took place on 4th February.
Attacked were three foreigners -two Chinese and one Australian- all men, at around 8:10pm on Tuesday, in the capital’s suburban district Hulhumalé.
In a statement released early Thursday morning, police revealed that the attack is to have been carried out by “suspected extremists.”
Police’s announcement came after a video where a group of men- with their faces covered- are taking responsibility for the attack, began circulating online. This group made further threats against tourists visiting the country.
Police stressed that they are establishing the validity of the video “claiming to be related to this attack.”
Noting that it is “continuously monitoring the status of the victims”, police said that all three are in stable condition.