The Attorney General's Office has disclosed that the administration will be submitting 14 bills to the People's Majlis, during it's second session.
The AG Office stated that the government has sent the bills to the Speaker of the Parliament as per the Rules of the Parliament.
Bills submitted by the government to the second session of the parliament;
- Hajj and Umrah Bill
- Foreign Investment Bill
- Business Registration Act Amendment Bill
- The Financial Securities Act Amendment Bill
- Drugs Act Amendment Bill
- Gang Crimes Prohibition Act Amendment Bill
- The Prohibition of Intimidation, Possession of Dangerous Weapons and Sharp Objects Act Amendment Bill
- Prevention of Money Laundering and Financing of Terrorism Act Amendment Bill
- The Customs Act Amendment Bill
- The Penal Code Amendment Bill
- Criminal Procedure Code Amendment Bill
- Unemployment Insurance Bill
- Employment Act Amendment Bill
- Zakat Bill
The second session of the Majlis commenced on 18 May.
During the first session of the Majlis, the government submitted a total of 36 bills; 22 bills to amend existing laws and 14 new bills.