Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localCovid-19 preventive measures

Working to not return to lockdown: pres.

29 އޯގަސްޓު 2020 | ހޮނިހިރު 10:17

“Working to control Covid-19 without having to return to a state of lockdown”

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 29 އޯގަސްޓު 2020 | ހޮނިހިރު 10:17
President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih visits the scene of Friday’s fire

President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih visits the scene of Friday’s fire

The government is working to control Covid-19 without having to return to a state of lockdown, says President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih.

The president said this in response to a question, after arriving at the scene of Friday night’s fire.

Noting that other preventive measures are being imposed to avoid returning to a lockdown, Solih said that they are doing everything to control the virus without it reaching to this.

However, he stressed that the only solution is following the Health Protection Agency (HPA)’s guidelines including wearing face masks and practicing social distancing.

The president warned that a second lockdown may be imposed, if the cases continue to increase due to failure to follow safety measures.

Noting that doing so will bring various hardships to the people, Solih said that he will do what is required to ensure the safety of all.

With the start of the third phase of lockdown easing on July 1, there was a surge in Covid-19 infections with over 100 new cases reported almost daily since.

While the country’s first Covid-19 cases were detected from resorts in March, a community spread was confirmed on April 15 and a lockdown was announced in the capital region as well as a partial lockdown across country with travel between islands banned.

Lockdown easing began on May 29, which led to a spike in cases by the time the country entered the third phase, prompting authorities to strengthen Covid-19 safety measures in the capital, this month.

As such, face masks were made compulsory in public from August 1 while a curfew was reintroduced a few days later. Further, a restriction on vehicle movement from 8pm to 5am was announced last week.

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) said that the latest measure is to restrict the movement and social activities of youth, noting that most of the confirmed Covid-19 cases are within this age group.

Popular

1

Vice President’s Official Residence Costs Over MVR 300,000 Monthly

2

Puppet master and his absolute yes-men

3

Great savior complex over a faith already shielded by supreme law

4

Parliament accepts bill to end tax exemptions for unregistered businesses in Maldives

5

President's Office denies rumors of importing bread from Singapore for Mulee'aage

More from Raajje.mv

24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

President Maumoon holds closed door meeting with Party members

24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
President Maumoon holds closed door meeting with Party members
23 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Work Is Underway To Complete Procedural Formalities Of Ex-President Nasheed’s Case Over President Yameen’s Detention: PG

23 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Work Is Underway To Complete Procedural Formalities Of Ex-President Nasheed’s Case Over President Yameen’s Detention: PG
22 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

President Yameen to visit Meemu Atoll to mark the completion of projects

22 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
President Yameen to visit Meemu Atoll to mark the completion of projects
13 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Police had no legal grounds to question the ex-President: Maumoon Hameed

13 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Police had no legal grounds to question the ex-President: Maumoon Hameed
13 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Ex-President tells police to question those who committed the crime

13 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Ex-President tells police to question those who committed the crime
12 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Ex-President questioned over missing documents

12 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Ex-President questioned over missing documents
10 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Non-resident Ambassador of Indonesia pays farewell call to the President

10 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Non-resident Ambassador of Indonesia pays farewell call to the  President
09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Minister Asim returns to Male' after "a successful trip" to China

09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Minister Asim returns to Male' after "a successful trip" to China
09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Ex-President Nasheed sends condolences following death of former Seychelles' President

09 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Ex-President Nasheed sends condolences following death of former Seychelles' President
06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Maumoon reiterates call to preserve Feydhoo Finolhu as a picnic island

06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Maumoon reiterates call to preserve Feydhoo Finolhu as a picnic island
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް