Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
local
Coronavirus

Coronavirus: seven Maldivians test negative

No symptoms observed, however, tests were done on two Maldivians travelling from China

ޒުނާނާ ޒާލިފް
Zunana Zalif, Raajje.mv | 3 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2020 | ހޯމަ 12:03
Press conference held on updates regarding the novel coronavirus

Press conference held on updates regarding the novel coronavirus

The Health Protection Agency (HPA) has revealed that the seven Maldivians who were monitored under suspicion of being infected with the novel coronavirus, have tested negative to the disease.

The first case surfaced when a 20-year-old fitting the surveillance criteria for a suspected case of 2019 novel coronavirus showed symptoms after arriving from China last week. As such, the individual was kept in isolation for investigation and treatment at the quarantine facility established in Funadhoo, Kaafu atoll.

This morning, President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih revealed that the laboratory results of the blood samples sent to Pune, India, turned negative to the infectious disease.

A statement by the HPA revealed that six others were under monitoring and their blood samples also tested negative to the virus.

After the test results came through, HPA revealed that they are no longer under surveillance and monitoring.

As such, one Maldivian who travelled from China, four Maldivians who travelled from China and reported with acute respiratory symptoms but not fitting the surveillance criteria of a suspected case and two other Maldivians who travelled from China have been released from quarantine.

Currently, no cases are under surveillance and monitoring for novel coronavirus, revealed the agency.

During his presidential address on Monday morning, President Solih revealed that Maldives is still at risk of a coronavirus outbreak and that the government is working with all relevant stakeholders with a mutual aim to curb the disease from surfacing in the country, and are closely following the recommendations by the World Health Organization (WHO). The president also established a special task force following the WHO having declared the coronavirus a public health emergency of international concern.

The epidemic began from Wuhan City, China in December 2019 and it has so far killed over 360 people and infected over 17,000 globally.

Comments

Related Articles

Several protesters from Bilehdhoo arrested

Several protesters from Bilehdhoo arrested

03 މާރިޗު 2017
Kulhudhuffushi Hospital launches thalassemia testing

Kulhudhuffushi Hospital launches thalassemia testing

03 މާރިޗު 2017
Citizens to protest over Faafu Atoll sale

Citizens to protest over Faafu Atoll sale

26 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Maldivians oppose corruption and theft, says MP Abdulla Shahid

Maldivians oppose corruption and theft, says MP Abdulla Shahid

24 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
MP Areef holds silent protest against govt. during Parliament inaugural session

MP Areef holds silent protest against govt. during Parliament inaugural session

07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

On This Day

May 19
Report by Gedhoruveriyaa Advisory Committee goes missing
20251 Year Ago
local

Report by Gedhoruveriyaa Advisory Committee goes missing

Ooredoo unveils Saudi passport; the ultimate roaming SIM for Hajj pilgrims
20242 Years Ago
business

Ooredoo unveils Saudi passport; the ultimate roaming SIM for Hajj pilgrims

Murder of Mary Grace: hearing scheduled for Sunday
20233 Years Ago
local

Murder of Mary Grace: hearing scheduled for Sunday

Discussions held on boosting Maldives-India collaboration in environment, climate action
20224 Years Ago
local

Discussions held on boosting Maldives-India collaboration in environment, climate action

1,187 Covid-19 cases reported on Wednesday, majority from backlog samples
20215 Years Ago
local

1,187 Covid-19 cases reported on Wednesday, majority from backlog samples

Police displays officer service numbers on uniforms
20197 Years Ago
local

Police displays officer service numbers on uniforms

Zakat Al-Fitr accepted from today onward
20188 Years Ago
local

Zakat Al-Fitr accepted from today onward

ރާއްޖެކުޅިވަރުދުނިޔެވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުރިޕޯޓުފޮޓޯވާހަކަސިއްހަތުތަފާތު ޚަބަރުލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލު