Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
local
London Attack

Maldives condemns London attack, no reports of any injuries to Maldivians

Seven people have been killed and multiple were injured in the attacks on London Bridge and Borough Market

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany, Raajje.mv | 4 ޖޫން 2017 | އާދީއްތަ 14:09
An armed officer stands above what looks to be a suspect in the attack in London on Saturday night

An armed officer stands above what looks to be a suspect in the attack in London on Saturday night

The Maldivian government has condemned the deadly attack in central London on Saturday night.

A tweet by Foreign Minister Dr. Mohamed Asim on the Ministry’s official twitter account noted that the government of Maldives “condemns the deadly London attack last night,” adding that Maldives stands “against all such acts of terror perpetuated against innocent people”.

The Ministry further noted that the government “is monitoring the situation of Maldives” following the attack.

“No news, as yet, of any injuries to Maldivians”, noted the Ministry.

Earlier on Sunday, Maldives Embassy in the United Kingdom called on Maldivians currently in London to avoid London Bridge and Borough Street, and gave out an emergency number in case any are affected by the incidents.

Seven people have been killed and multiple were injured in the attacks on the two central London landmarks; London Bridge and Borough Market. Both areas are in lockdown following the attacks.

A van crashed into pedestrians on the London Bridge, and then three assailants began to stab pedestrians. The three were shot dead by police.

Prime Minister Theresa May described the attacks as a “dreadful event”, while London mayor Sadiq Khan called it “a deliberate and cowardly attack on innocent Londoners”.

The attacks come less than two weeks after 22 people were killed in a suicide bombing at a concert in Manchester. Back in March, five people were killed when a car was crashed into pedestrians at Westminster Bridge.

Comments

Related Articles

Foreign Minister Samaraweera to visit Maldives on Wednesday

Foreign Minister Samaraweera to visit Maldives on Wednesday

07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Maldives borrowed MVR 4.79 billion in 2016, says President

Maldives borrowed MVR 4.79 billion in 2016, says President

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Respect, profile of Maldives on international platform rose: Pres. Yameen

Respect, profile of Maldives on international platform rose: Pres. Yameen

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
ACC reports 15 percent increase in filed cases

ACC reports 15 percent increase in filed cases

06 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
President to make changes to cabinet: reports

President to make changes to cabinet: reports

05 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

On This Day

May 17
Orange alert issued for very rough seas, strong winds
20242 Years Ago
local

Orange alert issued for very rough seas, strong winds

Nasheed loyalists to form new political party
20233 Years Ago
local

Nasheed loyalists to form new political party

The new policy is an additional step in ensuring safety and protection of children: President
20224 Years Ago
local

The new policy is an additional step in ensuring safety and protection of children: President

Intel reports of threat provoke enhanced security measures near Majlis building
20215 Years Ago
local

Intel reports of threat provoke enhanced security measures near Majlis building

Riu Hotels & Resorts opens properties in Maldives
20197 Years Ago
business

Riu Hotels & Resorts opens properties in Maldives

WAMCO to begin waste collection in afternoon, after complaints
20188 Years Ago
local

WAMCO to begin waste collection in afternoon, after complaints

ރާއްޖެކުޅިވަރުދުނިޔެވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުރިޕޯޓުފޮޓޯވާހަކަސިއްހަތުތަފާތު ޚަބަރުލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލު