Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localChemical Warehouse Fire

High Court upholds order against releasing fire victim's phone records

1 ޖުލައި 2020 | ބުދަ 16:45

The fire originated from a chemical storage facility located in H. Thilafushi on 21st September 2019

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 1 ޖުލައި 2020 | ބުދަ 16:45
The fire originated from a chemical storage facility located in H. Thilafushi on 21st September 2019

The fire originated from a chemical storage facility located in H. Thilafushi on 21st September 2019

High Court has upheld the lower court’s order against releasing mobile phone records of Aishath Shauna, who passed away in a fire in the capital in September 2019.

The fire, which originated from a chemical storage facility located in H. Thilafushi on 21st September 2019, ended with the destruction of total four chemical storage facilities and six residential buildings.

While Aishath Shauna was in her house when the fire erupted, she is the only victim of the tragic incident. Her body had been found with severe burns on 60 percent of her body. She is to have communicated with family members, following the fire.

Hence, police had requested her phone records including contacts, call, messages and cell locations, from the Communication Authority of Maldives (CAM).

Upholding the Criminal Court’s order, the High Court said that the lower court’s basis on not approving the request is valid. The court noted that Shauna is not a suspect in any case, and the case submitted does not entail such personal details.

Further noting that the phone was used for personal purposes, the court stressed that Article 24 of the Maldives Constitution states that “everyone has the right to respect for their private and family life, home and private communications. Every person must respect these rights with respect to others”.

Referring to the police’s request and statements to the court, the High Court said that this is not in accordance with surveil requests to be obtained under Article 74 of the Criminal Procedure Act.

Noting that the police has said that Shauna is not a suspect in the fire, the High Court ruled that there are no grounds to overturn the lower court’s order against releasing her phone records.

Popular

1

Vice President’s Official Residence Costs Over MVR 300,000 Monthly

2

Puppet master and his absolute yes-men

3

Great savior complex over a faith already shielded by supreme law

4

Parliament accepts bill to end tax exemptions for unregistered businesses in Maldives

5

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

More from Raajje.mv

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court issues preliminary injunction halting Kaadehdhoo Airport agreement cancellation
01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday

01 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Court to take witness statements in Fiyaz's case on Thursday
31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President

31 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Foreign bodies have no jurisdiction over Court rulings: President
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

High Court rejects MDP case against EC

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
High Court rejects MDP case against EC
30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday

30 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court to analyze video evidence against Wisam on Tuesday
29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim

29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Supreme Court had acted unjustly on Nazim: Azim
24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

State delays MDP case against EC

24 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
State delays MDP case against EC
11 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Decision to pursue new charges against Nasheed is politically motivated: MDP

11 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Decision to pursue new charges against Nasheed is politically motivated: MDP
07 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Maumoon maintains “firm commitment against supporting the govt.”

07 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Maumoon maintains “firm commitment against supporting the govt.”
06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000

06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Court rules not enough evidence to prove man forged signature on  finance ministry check to get MVR 900,000
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް