Raajje.mv
Raajje.mv
  • ރާއްޖެ
  • ދުނިޔެ
  • ކުޅިވަރު
  • ވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދު
  • ސިއްހަތު
  • ރިޕޯޓު
  • ފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކް
  • ތަފާތު ޚަބަރު
  • އިސްލާމް
  • ލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
localAhmed Rilwan

Rilwan's abduction: commission to release details of "terrorist group" responsible

8 އޯގަސްޓު 2019 | ބުރާސްފަތި 10:57

Delivering justice in Rilwan’s disappearance, and other such cases, is a high priority for the current administration

އައިޝަތު ޝާނީ
Aishath Shaany | 8 އޯގަސްޓު 2019 | ބުރާސްފަތި 10:57
President of commission on murders and enforced disappearance, Husnu Suood

President of commission on murders and enforced disappearance, Husnu Suood

Presidential commission on murders and enforced disappearances has found out the “terrorist group” responsible for the abduction of journalist Ahmed Rilwan.

While Thursday marks five years since his abduction at knife point in front of his house in Hulhumalé, commission President Husnu Suood revealed this via Twitter.

Noting that Rilwan’s closed ones are “entitled to know what happened to him,” Suood said that the commission has shared its latest findings with them.

Suood said that the commission “has found out the terrorist group responsible for his abduction.”

He added that they have also found out those who actively participated in the horrific act “with sufficient evidence to prosecute.”

Further noting that it is considering on releasing the details of this terrorist group “before the end of August,” Suood added that the commission is still “trying to verify and corroborate the information received”.

He added that the commission “will deliver on its promise to find the truth in all cases under investigation.”

In a statement released on Thursday to mark the fifth anniversary since Rilwan was taken away from them, his family and loved ones said that they will not stop their work “until justice is served.”

Rilwan was last seen purchasing a ticket to Hulhumalé at the ferry terminal in capital city Malé on August 8th, 2014.

Police confirmed Rilwan’s abduction two years later, in August 2016. It had revealed that one of the men caught trailing Rilwan on CCTV footage had been identified as Mohamed Suaid. He was arrested but released by the Criminal Court in November 2014.

Shortly after, he is to have left the Maldives for Syria with the brother of one of the suspects in the case, Aalif Rauf. Both are to have “died in battle.”

Aalif and Mohamed Nooradeen were charged in the case, but were acquitted last year citing “insufficient evidence.”

Delivering justice in Rilwan’s disappearance, and other such cases, is a high priority for the current administration, with President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih forming the Commission on Murders and Enforced Disappearances on his first day in office.

Popular

1

Reporting USD Rate Above or Below MVR 15.42 Prohibited; Black Market Reports Face MVR 500,000 Fine

2

Red Crescent celebrates 17 years by constructing its future in high-rise concrete

3

Cabinet decides to restrict accessibility of SIM cards for expatriates working in Maldives

4

State appeals release of suspect accused of smuggling drugs into Maafushi Prison via drone!

5

Charting a reckless course into middle eastern war zones

More from Raajje.mv

01 މާރިޗު 2017

Faafu Atoll is a US$ 10 bln project, will reveal details when time is right: President

01 މާރިޗު 2017
Faafu Atoll is a US$ 10 bln project, will reveal details when time is right: President
21 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Police Commissioner to visit Japan on official invitation

21 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Police Commissioner to visit Japan on official invitation
16 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Human Rights Commission maintains silence on prison abuse

16 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Human Rights Commission maintains silence on prison abuse
14 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

AA. Council VP and others released

14 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
AA. Council VP and others released
12 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Five months to appoint High Court judges, refuses to release information

12 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Five months to appoint High Court judges, refuses to release information
09 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

Maldives-Sri Lanka Joint Commission held on Thursday

09 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
Maldives-Sri Lanka Joint Commission held on Thursday
07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017

MNDF's lack of investigation into Himmafushi bullet is concerning: Ex-Commissioner

07 ފެބުރުއަރީ 2017
MNDF's lack of investigation into Himmafushi bullet is concerning: Ex-Commissioner
29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Adhaalath calls for Nazim’s release

29 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Adhaalath calls for Nazim’s release
16 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Election Commission opens opportunity for Council Election officials.

16 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Election Commission opens opportunity for Council Election officials.
06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017

Elections Commission to announce date for local council elections on Sunday

06 ޖެނުއަރީ 2017
Elections Commission to announce date for local council elections on Sunday
ރާއްޖެދުނިޔެކުޅިވަރުވިޔަފާރި - އިގްތިސާދުސިއްހަތުރިޕޯޓުފިލްމް - މިޔުޒިކްތަފާތު ޚަބަރުއިސްލާމްލައިފް ސްޓައިލް
RaajjeMV
RaajjeTV
Raajje Sport
RaajjeTV Live
RaajjeTV PR
RaajjeMV
Raajje.mv

Copyright © 2010-2025 Raajje Television Pvt Ltd.

All rights reserved

ޕްރައިވެސީ ޕޮލިސީކިޔުންތެރިންގެ ހިޔާލުޓާމްސް އޮފްޔޫސް