K. Male' | Shan Anees | 08-March-2017 | Wednesday 19:49 | twitter | Local | 666
A midnight fire on Wednesday has destroyed the kitchen of a home in Maradhoo, Addu City.
A resident from Maradhoo said the fire had spread at around 01:30 and had razed the kitchen of a house named Abuharee Manzil.
The kitchen was built separate from the rest of the house. However, the fire had spread enough to damage plantation and other walls of the premises. It had also caused some damage to neighbouring houses.
In what is confirmed to be a cooking accident, the fire had caused three other gas cylinders in the kitchen to explode – further fueling the flame.
The fire was quelled three hours later and though residents had managed to stay clear of any injuries, one was taken to the hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.
|1||Landing craft destroyed 5,000 sq feet off of Kendhoo island's reef, says council|
|2||Maldives Correctional Services says it is providing ex-VP Adeeb with medical care|
|3||Ex-President Nasheed urges state to provide ex-VP Adeeb with appropriate medical care|
|4||Maldives grateful for votes, but did not run for UNHCR seat|
|5||Authorities refuse to comment on special investigation into torching of PG Bisham's car|
|6||New Radiant moves up on league table after phenomenal win against Milandhoo|
|7||Lack of regulations is no bar to implement law: Shahyb|
|8||MCS issues warning over rising negative press|