K. Male' | Humaam Ali | 05-December-2018 | Wednesday 21:00 | HumaamAli | Sport | 452
Youth minister Ahmed Mahloof has vowed not to cut-off funds to football clubs abruptly.
He said this while speaking at a press conference held to mark TC Sport Club’s win at the Dhivehi Premier League.
At the press conference, minister Mahloof said he will make such decisions after discussing it with the clubs and added that he will be meeting the clubs soon.
Minister Mahloof also said he has no intention of ending any initiatives of former President Abdulla Yameen’s administration.
He also said that the most complaints he received in his meetings with associations during the government transition period is regarding the amount of money the football association receives. He detailed that associations expressed concern that companies refused to fund them after citing the large amounts of money they spend on football.
This was the second year that Yameen’s government had been giving MVR 3 million to each club in the first division. However, details of how the money is spent remains vague.
|1||MP Riyaz says terror charges raised to keep him out of politics|
|2||Manik mocks Naeemaatha: is it because she is a senior or a woman?|
|3||Terrorism tiral against ex-President's son-in-law Nadeem starts tomorrow|
|4||Two nominations for Maldives at World Spa Awards|
|5||Terrorism case against Riyaz and Areef: hearings scheduled for tomorrow|