K. Male' | Shan Anees | 17-March-2018 | Saturday 02:22 | twitter | Local | 2,866
MP Abdul Raheem Abdulla, the staunchest supporter of the government in parliament, has called on authorities to have privately-run Raajje Television (RaajjeTV) shut down.
The parliamentarian, who is also the ruling party's deputy leader, said this speaking at a press conference early Saturday, which was broadcast live on Public Service Media.
MP Abdul Raheem accused the three RaajjeTV staff, Head of Programmes Amir Saleem, and journalists Mohamd Wisam and Mohamed Fazeen of having staged a video that the police said they are investigating.
On the basis of these unconfirmed reports, MP Abdul Raheem accused RaajjeTV of being an organization responsible for acts of terror.
The video depits three masked men, dressed as police officers, claiming that they will join the opposition's demonstrations and no longer follow unlawful orders.
While the police apprehended the three RaajjeTV staff earlier on Friday, they have yet to officially provide a reason.
Raheem started off the conference saying that the fact that prominent members of its leadership at midnight is testatement of their unity.
|1||MP Riyaz says terror charges raised to keep him out of politics|
|2||Manik mocks Naeemaatha: is it because she is a senior or a woman?|
|3||Terrorism tiral against ex-President's son-in-law Nadeem starts tomorrow|
|4||Two nominations for Maldives at World Spa Awards|
|5||Terrorism case against Riyaz and Areef: hearings scheduled for tomorrow|